Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I have a pricelist. How can i link my quote sheet with it?

I have a pricelist, In my QUotation sheet i want to select the model number
from a drop down list and should get all other details regarding the
description, price etc filled automatically in the curresponding columns of
my quote sheet. How is this possible? When i type the first letter in the
model number column all the items starting with that letter should appear in
the drop down list ..Kindly guide..
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 24, 10:43 am, Sumesh wrote:
I have a pricelist, In my QUotation sheet i want to select the model number
from a drop down list and should get all other details regarding the
description, price etc filled automatically in the curresponding columns of
my quote sheet. How is this possible? When i type the first letter in the
model number column all the items starting with that letter should appear in
the drop down list ..Kindly guide..

Taka a look at data-validation. That will take care of the drop-down-
menu.
Then you could use the vlookup-function to fill in the corresponding
columns.

Per Erik
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Note that DV lists have no autocomplete feature as you want.

You would need a CombobBox/DV method for that.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for instructions.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:20:53 -0800 (PST), "Per Erik Midtrød"
wrote:

On Nov 24, 10:43 am, Sumesh wrote:
I have a pricelist, In my QUotation sheet i want to select the model number
from a drop down list and should get all other details regarding the
description, price etc filled automatically in the curresponding columns of
my quote sheet. How is this possible? When i type the first letter in the
model number column all the items starting with that letter should appear in
the drop down list ..Kindly guide..

Taka a look at data-validation. That will take care of the drop-down-
menu.
Then you could use the vlookup-function to fill in the corresponding
columns.

Per Erik

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I type the first letter in the model number column all the items
starting with that letter should appear in the drop down list...

Try this. With your list sorted alphabetically enter an "A" at the
beginning of the A's, a "B" at the beginning of the B's, etc. to Z.

When you select your drop down cell, type in the letter you want but DO NOT
hit enter. Click the drop down arrow and your list will start with the
letter you entered.

You can hit enter after typing in the letter but then you will have to
re-select the drop down cell.

HTH
Regards
Howard