Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how to - Quote Sheet ?

Hi, this is my first post, been reading for about 30 mins, looks like a
great resource!
Anyways, I did a few searches and couldnt find what i was looking for,
so I am posting..

I have a list of products with prices and a bit of info. I want to
organize this a bit better to make it easier and more professional like
to create quotes for clients. I have seen some excel sheets where there
is a little dorp down box, you select and then fields are filled in. I
am after something quite simple, like a list of procducts with prices,
and then just client details..I would then select, and print to Adobe
PDF.

Any tutorials on how to do this, drop down menu system, is it a pivot
table? I guess what i want in a way, is a mini DB which will call on
data when I select a name or product.
Well I await your comments peeps.

Cheers in advance

Mike

--
mukcl
mukcl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36599

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

mukcl Wrote:
[...]

These drop down menus in excel are from Data Validation lists.

Try http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html as it has several examples
of how to use Data Validation.

Scott

--
Maistrye
Maistrye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36078

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition to the DV drop-downs you will want some VLOOKUP formulas to fill in
the fields corresponding to the picked item from the drop-down.

Can be found at same site as DV instructions pointed to by Maistrye

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP