Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I create a fifo formula in exel

I have to create a formula that will calculate fifo and lifo in an inventory
spreadsheet and I am completely lost
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200756

"heidic2" wrote:

I have to create a formula that will calculate fifo and lifo in an inventory
spreadsheet and I am completely lost

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For lifo, build a list in a column, inserting new entries at the top. When
pulling entries, pull from the top and delete that cell.

For fifo, build a list in a column, insering new entries at the bottom.

"heidic2" wrote:

I have to create a formula that will calculate fifo and lifo in an inventory
spreadsheet and I am completely lost

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Ron is offline

This is a simple method for telling you the oldest and newest in inventory.
You can adapt it for your needs. I placed inventory in Col C. Column
containing calculated days item in inventory must be in ascending order.

Col A - Date item placed in inventory (hard date or formula such as
"=IF(ISBLANK(B3),"",TODAY())"
Col B - Item ID
Col C (formula, assuming starting in row 3, format 'General') - "=TODAY()-A3",
(Keep sorted in ascending order)
Col D (formula for finding oldest) - "=VLOOKUP(MAX(C3:C10),C3:C10,1,TRUE)"
Col E (formula for finding newest) - "=VLOOKUP(MIN(C3:C10),C3:C10,1,TRUE)"

This should put on the right track for more sophisticated tracking.

Ron