Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
mag7417

Default How do I create a bar (1-100) in exel?

Hi!

My skill in excel is slowly improving but there are still a few things
I need help with every now and then.

I have a column with chapter titles (Column A). In columns B, C, D
there are %-ages where the total = 100%.

What I would like to do in another sheet is to displat the results in a
horisontal bar in three different coulors. If column B is 35% then I
would like the first 35% of that bar be, say, green. If C is 25% and D,
subsequently, 40%, then I want that bar to be 25%, say yellow, and 40%,
say, red.

I don't want it all in a graph, but rather in a rectangular box next to
some text. I have seen it done before but don't remember how it was
done. If there is a way to do what I want to do but not how I described
it, then that would do too.´

Thanks in advance!

Magnus

--
mag7417
mag7417's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28413

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Just a wild guess: what about conditional formatting?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services