Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fill data from row to column

Have a spreadsheet with 2 worksheets
Worksheet #1 has data in row 1
Trying to create an IF statement on Worksheet #2 that when I fill down will
fill from Worksheet #1 row to Worksheet #2 column

This is a copy of my If statement:

=IF(Timesheet!E$1="","No Project",Timesheet!E$1)

When I try to fill down, it keeps the same cell location for each line

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Taking the cue from your subject line that you want to transpose contents in
Sheet1's row1 (from E1 onwards) in Sheet2

In Sheet2,

You could place in any starting cell, say, in B2:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROWS($1:1)+4)
then copy down as far as required

The above will return the contents from Sheet1's E1, F1, G1, ...
into B2, B3, B4, ...
--
Max
Singapore
"Comet Teacher" wrote:
Have a spreadsheet with 2 worksheets
Worksheet #1 has data in row 1
Trying to create an IF statement on Worksheet #2 that when I fill down will
fill from Worksheet #1 row to Worksheet #2 column

This is a copy of my If statement:

=IF(Timesheet!E$1="","No Project",Timesheet!E$1)

When I try to fill down, it keeps the same cell location for each line

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Adapting the earlier to suit your line:
=IF(Timesheet!E$1="","No Project",Timesheet!E$1)

In Sheet2's B2, copied down:
=IF(INDEX(Timesheet!$1:$1,ROWS($1:1)+4)="","No
Project",INDEX(Timesheet!$1:$1,ROWS($1:1)+4))