Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Tabbing to a specific cell

I have a protected worksheet where I enter data and it works great. My
question is "after I hit enter how do I get the cursor to move to the
next unprotected cell after I hit enter? Currently when I enter it
moves down. I know one can have it move in a specific direction, but
there are numerous cells and some are several rows down and in
different directions.

Thanks

eddie57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try Ctrl+G or F5.
Does that work for you?

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"eddie57" wrote:

I have a protected worksheet where I enter data and it works great. My
question is "after I hit enter how do I get the cursor to move to the
next unprotected cell after I hit enter? Currently when I enter it
moves down. I know one can have it move in a specific direction, but
there are numerous cells and some are several rows down and in
different directions.

Thanks

eddie57

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With protection you can move only east and west or north and south.

See Bob Phillips' site for more info and a couple of methods.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:22:43 +0000, eddie57
wrote:

I have a protected worksheet where I enter data and it works great. My
question is "after I hit enter how do I get the cursor to move to the
next unprotected cell after I hit enter? Currently when I enter it
moves down. I know one can have it move in a specific direction, but
there are numerous cells and some are several rows down and in
different directions.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I found out how to do it. It is accomplished by setting the
EnableSelection property of the sheet to 1 – xlUnlockedCells to
prevent the user selecting anything not allowed. This will only work
when the sheet IS protected. Thanks for the reply.

Ed

PS: now that I look at it the Title was incorrect. Should of been
"tabbing only to unprotected cells".

-