Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I create a drop down box with the date in it

using office 2003 excel
what i am trying to do is do a drop down box one with a date and one with
time
tried using the validation tool but it just gives me some weird number for
both date and time. meaning i would like a drop down having nov 9 2007 - nov
12 2007 and i can select what date in the drop down. same with time but the
whole 24 hours. is this possible ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter first date in a cell.

Copy down a few cells.

Use that list as your DV dropdown list

Format the DV dropdown cell as Date

For the Time DV dropdown, I don't understand what range of times you want.

A whole day's worth in minutes would be a 1440 item list.

Enter any date in a cell.

In cell below enter =cellref+1/1440

Drag/copy down to row 1440

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP