Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change dates to a formula

I want to change the dates 01/01/1980 to 01/11/2007 to R with red
background and from 01/11/2007 to X with green background. The second
date will change every month. I have 2003 excel at work and 2007 at
home. From trying to do it at home it would appear that 2007 allows
me to do so but I haven't been able it to stop putting colour in the
blacnk cells. So would this be a formula or conditional format. In
2007 I have been trying with conditional format, but I cannot get it
to work at work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the cells where you want the conditional format, then click on
Format, Conditional Formatting, write required dates in From and To
boxes, define the Format, and then click Add,
Add second condition values for green background required, and click
okay.

Aqib Rizvi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Nov 11, 2:16 pm, Aqib Rizvi wrote:
Select the cells where you want the conditional format, then click on
Format, Conditional Formatting, write required dates in From and To
boxes, define the Format, and then click Add,
Add second condition values for green background required, and click
okay.

Aqib Rizvi

The blank cells still become a colour and i want them to be blank and
how do I get the R with color in 2003 it still willnot work for me so
i am doing something wrond