Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlink to range of cells

I have this worksheet that has lots of graphs etc. I would like to make the
reading experience better for users so that they wouldn't have to scroll down
all the time.

What I havre done so far is that I have freezed couple of rows from the top
and inserted buttons to contain hyperlinks to this sheet. The purpose is to
give user impression of going through different pages. It works well when you
go down from the first to last but not other way round bacause hyperlink has
to refer to only one cell.

So is there any way to refer to range of cells so user would allways see
same section of the worksheet?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try:

Tools Options Transition Transition navigations keys

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"DaveFinn" wrote:

I have this worksheet that has lots of graphs etc. I would like to make the
reading experience better for users so that they wouldn't have to scroll down
all the time.

What I havre done so far is that I have freezed couple of rows from the top
and inserted buttons to contain hyperlinks to this sheet. The purpose is to
give user impression of going through different pages. It works well when you
go down from the first to last but not other way round bacause hyperlink has
to refer to only one cell.

So is there any way to refer to range of cells so user would allways see
same section of the worksheet?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This is very clumsy and if you get a better response, forget this post. Say
we have:

=HYPERLINK("#Sheet1!B9","go")

in a cell. Clicking it will take you to B9. In the worksheet code area put
this event macro:

Set r = Range("B9")
If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.Goto reference:=Target, scroll:=True
End Sub

So the hyperlink takes you to B9. When you get to B9 the macro will scroll
so B9 is in the upper left-hand corner.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200754

"DaveFinn" wrote:

I have this worksheet that has lots of graphs etc. I would like to make the
reading experience better for users so that they wouldn't have to scroll down
all the time.

What I havre done so far is that I have freezed couple of rows from the top
and inserted buttons to contain hyperlinks to this sheet. The purpose is to
give user impression of going through different pages. It works well when you
go down from the first to last but not other way round bacause hyperlink has
to refer to only one cell.

So is there any way to refer to range of cells so user would allways see
same section of the worksheet?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, you really understood what I'm after.

But it still doesn't quite work. If I am for example at A1 and want to
scroll so that A40 is the left upper corner it won't work. Or if the A40 is
somewhere on the screen visible. But if I am at A70 and want to go to A 45
then it does the job

"DaveFinn" wrote:

I have this worksheet that has lots of graphs etc. I would like to make the
reading experience better for users so that they wouldn't have to scroll down
all the time.

What I havre done so far is that I have freezed couple of rows from the top
and inserted buttons to contain hyperlinks to this sheet. The purpose is to
give user impression of going through different pages. It works well when you
go down from the first to last but not other way round bacause hyperlink has
to refer to only one cell.

So is there any way to refer to range of cells so user would allways see
same section of the worksheet?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DaveFinn wrote:
I have this worksheet that has lots of graphs etc. I would like to make the
reading experience better for users so that they wouldn't have to scroll down
all the time.

What I havre done so far is that I have freezed couple of rows from the top
and inserted buttons to contain hyperlinks to this sheet. The purpose is to
give user impression of going through different pages. It works well when you
go down from the first to last but not other way round bacause hyperlink has
to refer to only one cell.

So is there any way to refer to range of cells so user would allways see
same section of the worksheet?

Thanks!

Hi,

I've done this, sort of.

Select range
Insert/Names/Define
Name the range

then

Insert/Hyperlink/Place in this Document/Range Name

or you can skip the Range name thing, and select the sheet and type in a
range (W1:AB15)

Helps?

Beege
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Beege.

It does the trick but then leaves a cosmetic problem of selecting all the
cells. If you have any solution for this I would be very grateful!

DaveFinn

"Beege" wrote:

DaveFinn wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave,

I tried something else.
Look at View/Custom Views - first move to where the sheet is positioned
where you like it. Add a view.

Then start a macro to get to that view from somewhere else. Finish the
macro.

Add a button to your first sheet from the forms toolbar, and assign the
macro to it.

When complete, you should be able to click the button, and the view you
created will show exactly as you want it to.

I tried it.

Then to have other buttons that get you back to your "Table of Contents"

Different, but it might work

Beege