Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pivot table NOT showing zero value calculations

I would like for my pivot table to NOT show the data (in the data/column
area) that sums to a zero value. I know how to show zero values and I went
thru the same menu: right click, table options, uncheck for empty cells show
But that doesn't do anything since there is data there it just rolls up to
a zero amount. Does anyone know how to get these zero amounts to not show in
the data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can try a couple of things. On the PT, click one of the down arrows, and
uncheck any box that has a zero (or blank) next to it. Also, Tools Options
View Zero Values (uncheck) may give you what you want.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Jaimed1010" wrote:

I would like for my pivot table to NOT show the data (in the data/column
area) that sums to a zero value. I know how to show zero values and I went
thru the same menu: right click, table options, uncheck for empty cells show
But that doesn't do anything since there is data there it just rolls up to
a zero amount. Does anyone know how to get these zero amounts to not show in
the data?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Maybe Conditional Formatting.
Hover over the Data icon on your PT till you see a thick black downward
pointing arrow, then click. This will select the whole of your data area.
FormatConditional FormattingCell ValueLess than1Format Text same colour
as background.

You could change the 1 to 0.5 or whatever value you think apprpropriate for
your needs.

--
Regards
Roger Govier