Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Indirect.ext

I want to look up values from a closed workbook, and found my way to the free
add-in 'Morefunc' via this fantastic community. However, after installing it
and trying it out in parallell with a standard 'indirect' syntax, the two
formulas behaved totally similar. I.e. they both worked when the
reference-workbook was open, and they both returned #Ref! when I closed it.
Can anyone help me?
Hopeful regards
Zyvind

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hallo

Have a llook at

Hope this helps...

"Zyvind" schreef in bericht
I want to look up values from a closed workbook, and found my way to the
free
add-in 'Morefunc' via this fantastic community. However, after installing
it
and trying it out in parallell with a standard 'indirect' syntax, the two
formulas behaved totally similar. I.e. they both worked when the
reference-workbook was open, and they both returned #Ref! when I closed
it.
Can anyone help me?
Hopeful regards
Zyvind

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not a very practical solution though given that the OP wants the same
functionality as INDIRECT
but with closed workbooks, to quote from John Walkenbach's site:

"You cannot use this function in a worksheet formula"

Indirect.ext from the excellent add-in Morefunc definitely works, I can only
assume that the OP made some errors in the formula setup but we will know as
soon as he posts his formula

Peo Sjoblom

"Frederik" wrote in message
Hallo