Jan

Default How can Excel do daily timesheet, -lunch time, & not use colon in.

I read some of the posts and found out I can enter times without a colon in
military format, but I did not understand the answer and would like another
explanation in beginner terms please. Thank you.
Myrna Larson

You can NOT enter times in without a colon and have Excel automatically
recognize them as times. If you do that, then you need a helper column with a
formula that translates the number into a true time, OR your need to use a VBA
macro to do that. If you are a "beginner" with Excel, I would go with a
formula.

Here's one possible formula. Assuming the time is in C2:

=TIME(INT(C2/100),MOD(C2,100),0)

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 08:21:03 -0800, Jan wrote:

I read some of the posts and found out I can enter times without a colon in
military format, but I did not understand the answer and would like another
explanation in beginner terms please. Thank you.

Jan

Myrna, thank you so much for your help. I've spent 2 days working on this
worksheet and am still having problems. I really need the worksheet to allow
employees to enter data without having to manually put in the colon. I can
protect the worksheet to where they will not mess with any other cells. Can
you tell me how I could do this? You mentioned something about a macro and
of course that scares me to death. Ihave used them before for small tasks.
What cell will my cursor be in, etc, when I start the macro. Thanks so much.
Jan