Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to ensure that $ and not amount counts are pulled into PT

After importing a XLs worksheet (from another application People soft) The
amount in US$ come in as $values (what I need) but sometimes am amount count
comes into the table instead. I have tried formatting the ceel to ensure
that the US$ amount are numbers but this has the same result.. that is
sometime the $amounts are pulled as $values or sometimes the US$ amounts are
pulled as counts that is the number of entries making up the US$ total
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps this will help:
http://pivot-table-format.safe-install.com/
or this:
http://www.office-addins.com/-excel-...le-helper.html

(I have not used either of the above personally)

This is good too:
http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqPivot.html#FormatLost
(I have used these techniques)

Hope that helps,