Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMK JMK is offline

Default Advanced Sum or marco needed????

G'Day,

Ive got a problem Ive been working on for about 6 months and need a hand
cause I cant think anymore!

Ive got 7 columns, with about 400 rows of data which increases on a daily
basis. In the first row (A) I have the dates that I have worked and in the
remaining columns I have the type of work that was done, so for example:

A B C D E F
Date Day Night Day Twin Night Twin Turbo Jet
19/01/07 1.0
20/01/07 3.5
21/01/07
9
..
..
..
21/02/07 5

What I need is a formula that will automatically go back and look through
the dates (column A) and pick out all the ones that would be included from
today back by 30 days (so today()-30). Then from that I need it to add all
the times from those days only.

Ive tried SUM, SUMIF, IF and cannot figure it out, maybe too advanced for a
formula. A friend of mine played around with a macro for me, but it does not
update automatically and requires reprogramming for each new row created.

This is the last component in a project Ive been working on for personal use
for about 2 years and Id love to get it over with! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would insert a new row at the top of the sheet, so all the totals
can be put there, allowing you to add new rows of data at the bottom,
so that would put your headers in row 2 and the data starting in row
3. In B1 you can enter this formula:

=SUMIF($A$3:$A$1000,"="&TODAY()-30,B$3:B$1000)

You can then copy this formula into C1:G1. It will add up the
appropriate hours where the date is within 30 days of today's date.
I've allowed for data in rows up to 1000, so you have chance to do a
bit more flying before you need to amend it.

You might like to freeze the panes so you can always see your totals -
put the cursor in A3 and click on Window | Freeze Panes.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 3, 1:10 am, JMK wrote:
G'Day,

Ive got a problem Ive been working on for about 6 months and need a hand
cause I cant think anymore!

Ive got 7 columns, with about 400 rows of data which increases on a daily
basis. In the first row (A) I have the dates that I have worked and in the
remaining columns I have the type of work that was done, so for example:

A B C D E F
Date Day Night Day Twin Night Twin Turbo Jet
19/01/07 1.0
20/01/07 3.5
21/01/07
9
.
.
.
21/02/07 5

What I need is a formula that will automatically go back and look through
the dates (column A) and pick out all the ones that would be included from
today back by 30 days (so today()-30). Then from that I need it to add all
the times from those days only.

Ive tried SUM, SUMIF, IF and cannot figure it out, maybe too advanced for a
formula. A friend of mine played around with a macro for me, but it does not
update automatically and requires reprogramming for each new row created.

This is the last component in a project Ive been working on for personal use
for about 2 years and Id love to get it over with! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you need, I have a spreadsheet that I created to log my flight
time. Although I don't have any Twin, Turbo or Jet time, it should be
easy enough to add those columns. Let me know. -pb
- = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the
earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there
you have been and there you will long to return.
-- Leonardo da Vinci

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMK JMK is offline

Thank you!!!!! Ive finally got the logbook to do the work for me and its
finally done...well for now :)

Thanks again!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome.