Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating worksheets from master worksheet based on column value

I am trying to save data in target worksheets based on column value of cell
found in source(Master) spreadsheet. I know I can consolidate several
spreadsheets into one master but I want to do it the other way by having one
master and having it update multiple spreadsheets based on colum value on
Master.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Here's a non-array formulas set-up which can deliver the desired functionality

Take this sample construct from my archives:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet, with lines neatly
auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet based on the values within a
key col.

In the sample, the key col in the master sheet is the "State" col, which may
contain eg: NY, CA, NV, SD, AZ, etc. All lines with "NY" in the key col will
be auto-copied to the sheet named: NY, and appear neatly bunched at the top,
w/o any intervening blank lines. Ditto for lines with "CA", "NV", etc which
will be copied into their respective sheets.

Propagation of the "child" sheet is as simple as making a copy of the
initial one, then renaming it accordingly as the next key col value. Eg we
first formulate one child sheet for "NY", dress it up nicely, then just make
copies of the "NY" sheet, and rename these as: CA, NV, SD, etc.
--
Max
Singapore
"NBROWN" wrote:
I am trying to save data in target worksheets based on column value of cell
found in source(Master) spreadsheet. I know I can consolidate several
spreadsheets into one master but I want to do it the other way by having one
master and having it update multiple spreadsheets based on colum value on
Master.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating worksheets from master worksheet based on column valu

Max,

Thank you....That worked for me beautifully....

"NBROWN" wrote:
I am trying to save data in target worksheets based on column value of cell
found in source(Master) spreadsheet. I know I can consolidate several
spreadsheets into one master but I want to do it the other way by having one
master and having it update multiple spreadsheets based on colum value on
Master.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hey there Max you seem to be on top of things.
I need to update several other idividual spreadsheets from my master sheet.
ie. if i should type a project in text under Joe's name upon saving or
clicking away this update must go to his sheet on his computer and
automatically update what I typed.

"Max" wrote:

welcome, good to hear that.
--
"NBROWN" wrote in message
Max,

Thank you....That worked for me beautifully....

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your tip did work so far but there is one more thing ; -
Formula works, except what we need is that whenever data is changed in
sheets Red, yellow or Green (individually) then that data is also updated
into the WS1 sheet.

Thank you

"Markv" wrote:

Hey there Max you seem to be on top of things.
I need to update several other idividual spreadsheets from my master sheet.
ie. if i should type a project in text under Joe's name upon saving or
clicking away this update must go to his sheet on his computer and
automatically update what I typed.

"Max" wrote:

welcome, good to hear that.