Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Largest value cell

I have a spreadsheet with many numbers and I would like to have a cell that
shows the largest value of all the cells. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't include the cell where the formula is in the range of cells,
but just use this in A1:

=MAX(A2:M1000)

Adjust the range to suit your data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 26, 7:52 pm, "Jeff Klein" <jklein@nospam wrote:
I have a spreadsheet with many numbers and I would like to have a cell that
shows the largest value of all the cells. Any ideas?

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Klein View Post
I have a spreadsheet with many numbers and I would like to have a cell that
shows the largest value of all the cells. Any ideas?
=max(range) ie: =max(a1:a3)