Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Keith

Default largest right and bottom cell used (size of spreadsheet)

Is there something in excell that remembers that largest right and
largest bottom cell that has been used? And if so, is there a way to
reset that memory if the spreadhseet has since been reduced in size?

Thanks

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Generally, just delete all unused rows and columns below and to the right of
the true used range, then save the workbook. That should reset the Last Used
Cell.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"John Keith" wrote:

Is there something in excell that remembers that largest right and
largest bottom cell that has been used? And if so, is there a way to
reset that memory if the spreadhseet has since been reduced in size?

Thanks

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John Keith

Does that help?

Yup, now my scroll bars don't take me beyond the place I really want
to be.

Thanks

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

I think you'll probably get some good guesses at what you want, but I think
if you tell us how you will be using the re-assigned values...you'll get
exactly what you want. Will you be adding them up? Multiplying them by some
other value? Relating them to other factors?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"John Keith" wrote:

Is there something in excell that remembers that largest right and
largest bottom cell that has been used? And if so, is there a way to
reset that memory if the spreadhseet has since been reduced in size?

Thanks

John Keith

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

YIKES! I have no idea why my post ended up in THIS thread. I think it was a
hardware problem: A loose nut in front of my keyboard. :\

Please ignore!

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro