Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filtering options are not available.

My filtering options are locked.I try to click on the filter arrow in one of
my cells, and I cannot selet anything. When I go to DATA, then FILTER, AUTO
FILTER is checked but I am unable to change anything. The FILTER options are
grayed out. How do I fix this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The sheet might be protected - click on Tools | Protection and if it
is protected then you will see the option Unprotect sheet. You may
need to supply a password to unprotect it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 24, 9:33 pm, Noel wrote:
My filtering options are locked.I try to click on the filter arrow in one of
my cells, and I cannot selet anything. When I go to DATA, then FILTER, AUTO
FILTER is checked but I am unable to change anything. The FILTER options are
grayed out. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps the worksheet is protected under ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet?

Perhaps you have more than one sheet selected?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP