-   -   Filtering options are not available. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/163420-filtering-options-not-available.html)

Noel

Filtering options are not available.

My filtering options are locked.I try to click on the filter arrow in one of
my cells, and I cannot selet anything. When I go to DATA, then FILTER, AUTO
FILTER is checked but I am unable to change anything. The FILTER options are
grayed out. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Pete_UK

Filtering options are not available.

The sheet might be protected - click on Tools | Protection and if it
is protected then you will see the option Unprotect sheet. You may
need to supply a password to unprotect it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 24, 9:33 pm, Noel wrote:
My filtering options are locked.I try to click on the filter arrow in one of
my cells, and I cannot selet anything. When I go to DATA, then FILTER, AUTO
FILTER is checked but I am unable to change anything. The FILTER options are
grayed out. How do I fix this?

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Filtering options are not available.

Perhaps the worksheet is protected under ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet?

Perhaps you have more than one sheet selected?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP