patrick

Default i push the fx and stupid insert funtion box appears

I want to be able to hit fx then the scroll box on left pick sum and hit my
cells but a stupid box keeps apearing so I have to work off that insert
function box instead..
Biff

Hi!

Use the AutoSum button on the Standard toolbar. It's the
button with the funny looking E.

Biff

Gord Dibben

patrick

I think what you're referring to is the = sign that existed in earlier version
of Excel. Click on it an select from the list in the Name Box. Very handy.

Gone as of 2002. No work-arounds.

You can move the = sign to your Toolbar but it does not bring up the Function
Wizard so is useless except for not having to type the = sign. Wheeee!!

Was not a popular move on the developers' part.

Perhaps re-structured in the next version after 2003.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP