Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I generate a mX+c Trendline Formula without a graph

Can anyone give me a bit of advise on whether it is possible to return a
formula similar to the one that is available in the graph trendline tool. I
would like to be able to quickly produce a y=mx+c formula from two columns of
data (e.g. pressure transducer calibration results [V/Bar]) that I can enter
into a data logger.
I have had partial success with =SLOPE(A9:A16,B9:B16) and
=TREND(A9:A16,B9:B16,0) but I was wondering if there is a simpler way.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

SLOPE and INTERCEPT will give m and c
LINEST will give m and c and r² and many more statistics
See http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm for notes on things like
confidence interval for slope.
best wishes
--