Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Joni

Default Trendline on stacked bar graph

Hello
How can you add a trendline to a stacked bar graph? Thanks

--
Joni
Joni's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=13596

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Keep in mind that a stacked chart depicts a sum of one or more series, not
just each series. Trendlines only work on individual series. You could
either generate trendlines for each series on a non-stacked basis, or you
could add dummy line chart series to the stacked column chart that use
summed data (use worksheet formulas to generate the data), and generate
trendlines on these added series.

Keep in mind also that category values are not necessarily the best
correlating variable to use in a trendline regression.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services