Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default count all the text in red

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have Excel 2003(don't know about 2007)

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA or any add-ins.

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:10:04 -0700, Eirohl Seyer <Eirohl
wrote:

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A quick trick I learned on one of the Excel groups.

Actually, SHIFT + End + Down Arrow is faster for selecting all in the dialog
box.

Gord