-   -   count all the text in red (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/163364-count-all-text-red.html)

Eirohl Seyer

count all the text in red

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT

Gary''s Student

count all the text in red

see:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750

"Eirohl Seyer" wrote:

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT

Gord Dibben

count all the text in red

If you have Excel 2003(don't know about 2007)

You could try this alternate method which doesn't use VBA or any add-ins.

In 2003 you can specify the Format color to look for under
EditFindOptionsFormatFormat.

Select the color from the Patterns dialog and Find All.

In the found dialog box the first cell will be highlighted. Hold SHIFT key and
scroll down to bottom of dialog box and select last cell.

The selected cells can then be counted by right-click on Status Bar and "Count".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:10:04 -0700, Eirohl Seyer <Eirohl
wrote:

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT

diaare

count all the text in red

Very neat Gord. Thanks for the tip!

wrote:

I WANT TO COUNT ALL THE ITEMS IN RED COLOR. HOW DO I DO IT

Gord Dibben

count all the text in red

A quick trick I learned on one of the Excel groups.

Actually, SHIFT + End + Down Arrow is faster for selecting all in the dialog
box.

Gord