Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default moving data depending on criteria

I completed my spreadsheet using the formulas previously given, however, I
was wondering if it is possible to delete the data automatically from the
original sheet
once it has been moved to the second sheet. Hiding the data would work so
long as it is an automatic process.

Many thanks in advance.

"Max" wrote:

Here's a formulas play which can deliver the automation you seek

Assume source data is in a sheet: x, cols A to I,
data from row2 down, with key col F & criteria values: 0 or 100

In another sheet: y (say),

Place in A2:
=IF(x!F2="","",IF(OR(x!F2={0,100}),ROW(),""))
Leave A1 blank

Put in B2:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(x!A:A,SMALL($ A:$A,ROWS($1:1))))
Copy B2 to K2. Select A2:J2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of
source data in x, say down to J500? Hide away col A. Cols B to J will return
the required results, ie only the lines where col F contains either: 0 or
100, with all lines neatly bunched at the top. As inputs are made in x, y
will automatically display the required lines.
--
Max
Singapore

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Extending from the earlier formulas set-up, you could actually auto-produce
the required "converse" list via a similar manner in another sheet (say, z)
by just tweaking the criteria formula in col A

Assume source data is in a sheet: x, cols A to I,
data from row2 down, with key col F & criteria values: 0 or 100

In another sheet: z (say),

Place in A2:
=IF(x!F2="","",IF(OR(x!F2={0,100}),"",ROW()))
Leave A1 blank

Then put in B2, as befo
=IF(ROWS($1:1)COUNT($A:$A),"",INDEX(x!A:A,SMALL($ A:$A,ROWS($1:1))))

Copy B2 to K2. Select A2:J2, copy down to cover the max expected extent of
source data in x, say down to J500? Hide away col A. Cols B to J will return
the required results, ie the rest of the lines other than those where col F
contains either: 0 or 100, with all lines neatly bunched at the top. As
inputs are made in x, z will automatically display the required lines.