Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Kryptonix

Default Copying to Workbook depending on Criteria?

Hi, wasn't sure whether to post here or the Programming section as I'm
fairly new to Excel.

I have a spreadsheet (Master Risk Diary) which I have started to
create. As I enter information in the spreadsheet I would like this
information to copy to another workbook (Rick Risk Diary) multiple
times depending on certain criteria.

For example if there is a entry in Column A called Rick then
information on that row needs to be copied to a different workbook
depending on the name located at C:\data\Risk Diary\Rick Risk Diary
(and if Ian it goes to Ian Risk Diary etc) all Workbooks are located in
the same folder (Risk Diary).

but I also need the information to go to a specific worksheet within
the Rick Risk Diary Workbook.

For example whatever date is in cells B4 to H4 all that row's data
needs to be copied to each worksheets month.

So to clarify if in Column A it says Rick and in B4 it says 01/01/2006,
C4 says 02/06/2006, D4 says 04/08/2006 and E4 says 05/11/2006 etc then
that entire rows information get's copied to Rick's Risk Diary and then
copied to sheets Jan, June, August and November (or whatever month it
says).

If it says Ian it goes to a Wb called Ian Risk Diary etc...

I hope the above makes sense I'm inputing all the data into one big
spreadheet and would like it to auto copy to diff sheets in diff
workbooks (unless there's a better way ).

I have copied between worksheets before but never between workbooks
depending on criteria and I'm just tieing myself up in knots at the
moment.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction that'd be great.

Thanks

Kevin :)

--
Kryptonix