Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default extact text string from specific cell except three last characters

Hi guys,

Is there any formula in excel that will extract me all the text from a
string except three last caracters?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help on this,

Rgds,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 23, 2:08 pm, "markx" wrote:
Hi guys,

Is there any formula in excel that will extract me all the text from a
string except three last caracters?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help on this,

Rgds,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

assuming data is in A1
=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)
you could also use a Mid()
--
-John
is helpful.

"markx" wrote:

Hi guys,

Is there any formula in excel that will extract me all the text from a
string except three last caracters?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help on this,

Rgds,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks,