John Britto

Default find number in a row

Dear All,
Please see the below:
Colum A B C D E F
item 1 -- -- 10 -- ---
item 2 -- 20 -- 20 --
item 3 -- --- -- -- 10
By a formula i wish to extract/find the first availabel number in a row.
Please help me..thanking you...john britto
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

For row 1:
=MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(B1:F1),0)
entered as array function (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)
und copy down for rest of rows.

Arvi Laanemets

"John Britto" <John wrote in message
Dear All,
Please see the below:
Colum A B C D E F
item 1 -- -- 10 -- ---
item 2 -- 20 -- 20 --
item 3 -- --- -- -- 10
By a formula i wish to extract/find the first availabel number in a row.
Please help me..thanking you...john britto

Bob Phillips

He wants the number Arvi

=INDEX(B1:F1,MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(B1:F1),0))

still an array formula

--

HTH

RP