Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Exponential equations

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the Caret found on 6 key above qwerty keys

=2^2 for squared

=2^3 for cubed

=2^1.7

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:41:04 -0700, Dianamath161
wrote:

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=2.71828183^A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

General for of an exponential is

Y = (A*x^2) +( B*x^1) + C

putting in numbers

= (5 * (A1^2))+(2.4*(A1^1))+5.6
wher A1 is cell A1

You

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Another possibility is to use the POWER function. Using references...

=POWER(A1,B2)

or using constants...

=POWER(3,5)

or you can use a combination of the two.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or
=exp(2)

Gary''s Student wrote:

=2.71828183^A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750

"Dianamath161" wrote:

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

--

Dave Peterson