-   -   Exponential equations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/162918-exponential-equations.html)

Dianamath161

Exponential equations

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Gord Dibben

Exponential equations

Use the Caret found on 6 key above qwerty keys

=2^2 for squared

=2^3 for cubed

=2^1.7

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 10:41:04 -0700, Dianamath161
wrote:

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Gary''s Student

Exponential equations

=2.71828183^A1
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200750

"Dianamath161" wrote:

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

joel

Exponential equations

General for of an exponential is

Y = (A*x^2) +( B*x^1) + C

putting in numbers

= (5 * (A1^2))+(2.4*(A1^1))+5.6
wher A1 is cell A1

You

"Dianamath161" wrote:

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Exponential equations

How do I enter and exponential equation in a cell?

Another possibility is to use the POWER function. Using references...

=POWER(A1,B2)

or using constants...

=POWER(3,5)

or you can use a combination of the two.

Rick

Dave Peterson

Exponential equations

or