Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to add columns at the end of a worksheet,

I am at the end of a worksheet and need to add columns to the right. Right
now, the area is blank.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For XL versions prior to XL07, 256 columns (IV) is all you get.
XL07 has over 16000

In article ,
Need help <Need wrote:

I am at the end of a worksheet and need to add columns to the right. Right
now, the area is blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So which column are you in and which version of Excel, if 97-2003 and you
are in column IV then that's it. 256 columns is what you get, in 2007 you
can get 16384 columns

Anyway, if you are in a column like Z using excel 2003 and there are no
visible columns to the right you can type Z1:IV1 in the name box, then do
formatcolumnunhide

Peo Sjoblom

"Need help" <Need wrote in message
I am at the end of a worksheet and need to add columns to the right. Right
now, the area is blank.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you're using anything less than Excel 2007 and you've used columns A:IV
(256 columns) then I'm afraid you're out of luck - that's the absolute
maximum allowed.

If you've not used all those columns, then there must be some hidden columns
(which is why it's blank to the right of your used columns).