Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
GoodOldGold

Default Help with a formula involving 3 columns

Wow... great to have found this forum. I pray someone can help.

I'm trying to do what I think is a fairly simple calculation but am not sure
where I'm going wrong.

I have a list of diamonds along with their clarities, colors, etc. and the
stones are priced differently according to their qualities. So ...

In one column is the carat weight, one the clarity, one the color and then I
have a column for projected wholesale. So ... when I enter the formula in
the "formula helper" thingy I get the proper results there but when I hit
enter the formula does not appear and says "invalid".

It goes like this ...

Logical test =IF(C2<1.20(D2=D,E,F(E2=IF,VVS1,VVS2))
Value if true J2-(J2*.04)
Value if false J2-(J2*.15)

Ie... my discount for stones that are D, E and F colors combined with
clarities of IF, VVS1 & VVS2 are only 4% back from list price while all
others are 15% back from list.

If someone can help me out with this it would be tremendously appreciated.
If you can drop me an email letting me know you responded to
that would be appreciated. Otherwise if you post
here I'll just check. Ah... I see there's an option below to have the forum
automatically send a response. :) duh Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan