GoodOldGold

Argh... running into another lil prob. I took the formula you guys gave me
and when I enter it by itself it works fine. However when I duplicate the
formula to cover differnt qualities and add it to the formula you gave me I
get an error. Can I copy/paste both of these formula's together to put in
one cell to accomplish my goal somehow or does an entirely different formula
have to be written?

Projected Wholesale Cost Formulas

Formula for 1ct-1.19c D-F VVS1-2

=IF(AND(C2<1.2,OR(D2={"D","E","F"}),OR(E2={"IF","V VS1","VVS2"})),J2-(J2*0.04,J2-(J2*0.15)

Formula for 1-1.19ct D-F VS1-2

,IF(AND(C2<1.2,OR(D2={€œD€,€E€,€F€}),OR (E2={€œVS1€,€VS2€})),J2-(J2*0.08,J2-(J2*0.15)

If I could get a phone call or better yet an email from either I am willing
to pay for your time in helping me solve this. I'd email you the spreadsheet
and price structure to help. My email is .

Thanks in advance

Jon

"GoodOldGold" wrote:

Guys... I can't thank you enough for your help. Rag... I caught the missing
.2 ;) You both hit the nail on the head. Another question if I may.

That is a formula I need to use just for sizes from 1-1.19ct in those
qualities. I know how to take this formula and duplicate it for other
sizes/qualities now thanks to you. My question is this ... Can I only use an
"IF" function 7 times in a formula?

Like if my formula for all sizes and qualities required say ... 15 IF
functions in the formula would I be required to split my sheet up into 2
different sets of sizes?

Are ya following me? If not I'll try to clarify further.

Tremendous thanks,
Jonathan

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(AND(C2<1.2,OR(D2={"D","E","F"}),OR(E2={"IF","V VS1","VVS2"})),J2*0.96,J2*
0.85)
--

HTH,

RD

"GoodOldGold" wrote in message
Wow... great to have found this forum. I pray someone can help.

I'm trying to do what I think is a fairly simple calculation but am not sure
where I'm going wrong.

I have a list of diamonds along with their clarities, colors, etc. and the
stones are priced differently according to their qualities. So ...

In one column is the carat weight, one the clarity, one the color and then I
have a column for projected wholesale. So ... when I enter the formula in
the "formula helper" thingy I get the proper results there but when I hit
enter the formula does not appear and says "invalid".

It goes like this ...

Logical test =IF(C2<1.20(D2=D,E,F(E2=IF,VVS1,VVS2))
Value if true J2-(J2*.04)
Value if false J2-(J2*.15)

Ie... my discount for stones that are D, E and F colors combined with
clarities of IF, VVS1 & VVS2 are only 4% back from list price while all
others are 15% back from list.

If someone can help me out with this it would be tremendously appreciated.
If you can drop me an email letting me know you responded to
that would be appreciated. Otherwise if you post
here I'll just check. Ah... I see there's an option below to have the forum
automatically send a response. :) duh Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan