Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I stop a file from opening in muliple windows?

When opening and excel spreadsheet, it opens the file in multiple window with
each one being in a different view. How do you stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:

Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim i As Long
With Me.Windows
For i = .Count To 2 Step -1
.Item(i).Close
Next i
End With
End Sub

If you're unfamiliar with macros, see

In article ,
Callie wrote:

When opening and excel spreadsheet, it opens the file in multiple window with
each one being in a different view. How do you stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Choosing Window/New Window from the menu.