Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Displaying insignificant numbers in a cell

Does anyone know how to create a function in Excel that will allow
insignificant zeroes to show before a number? F
or example if I want all of my cells to display four digits (1,324) but one
entry is 897, how can I make the cell view it like 0897? Is this possible?
Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Custom format to 0000

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 04:09:08 -0700, Genie
wrote:

Does anyone know how to create a function in Excel that will allow
insignificant zeroes to show before a number? F
or example if I want all of my cells to display four digits (1,324) but one
entry is 897, how can I make the cell view it like 0897? Is this possible?
Thank you so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much!

"Mike H" wrote: