Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Serial number generate

Hi

I am writing a formula to generate a serial number automatically. I use
€œA1+1€ in cell B1. A1=0, then each record will increase. But I cant do any
sorting. On the other hand, I dont want to change the formula into a value
then I can do sorting. Can anyone help please please?? (Dont be too
technical, I am not very good with computer, thanks)

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tony,

It sounds like you are generating sequential numbers. Have a look here for
some alternative methods.

Mike

"Tony" wrote:

Hi

I am writing a formula to generate a serial number automatically. I use
€œA1+1€ in cell B1. A1=0, then each record will increase. But I cant do any
sorting. On the other hand, I dont want to change the formula into a value
then I can do sorting. Can anyone help please please?? (Dont be too
technical, I am not very good with computer, thanks)

Tony

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

David

I am when I do the sorting, the rest of data can be sorted, but the serial
no. keep the same (doesn't follow the record)

Tks
Tony