Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gazzr

Default Serial number of Date

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why my formula =datevalue(A1) returns #Value when
the contents of A1 are 13/01/2005.

When I am converting 12/01/2005 the formula works. I think its
something to do with the US/UK version of expressing dates but I cant
work out how to fix it!

Regards
Garry

--
Gazzr
Gazzr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31075

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max

Perhaps just in say, B1: =A1,
and format B1 as general would suffice
(or format A1/col A as general)
--
Max
Singapore

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me why my formula =datevalue(A1) returns #Value when
the contents of A1 are 13/01/2005.

When I am converting 12/01/2005 the formula works. I think its
something to do with the US/UK version of expressing dates but I cant
work out how to fix it!

Regards
Garry

--
Gazzr
Gazzr's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=525986

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi

Hi Garry,

I think you have US English set in Windows Regional Settings while you are
trying to convert British date format strings into dates. You have two
1. Change your Regional Settings to UK English,
2. Create US style date strings to convert: not 13/01/2005 because in UK
usage it would mean 01. of 13th month (there is no 13th month, that's why you
get #Value) , but 01/13/2005 which in US usage means 13. January 2005.

Regards,
Stefi

€žGazzr€ť ezt Ă*rta: