Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default auto add data with addition of new worksheets

I'm trying to set up a recap of general information in a workbook based on
each of the individual invoices that are created on separate worksheets. The
data is in the same location on each sheet. Is there a way to create a list
(recap) of the invoice number, date, and po# for each sheet (there are
anywhere from 20 to 100+) without manually entering into each line the
separate sheets? and then setting up so that when I add an additional
invoice, it will automatically add to the recap listing?
It's a somewhat simplistic workbook - each invoice that I'll billed out -
but I'm in need of this list as a secondary reference to locate invoices by
their PO #'s.
The automatic addition when an invoice is added would make it perfect! I'm
just not thrilled with manually adding hundreds of invoices to a list.
I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to the intricate formulations here -
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy your invoice list to a blank space or sheet. Choose Data, Filter,
Advanced Filter
On the Filter dialog box choose Copy to another location, choose the
location to paste, Click the Unique Records Only check box and click OK

Peter

"Darcy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tried doing what you suggested, thank you, but it didn't work for what I'm
trying to do - I don't have a true master list - I want the recap sheet to do
this for me - to be able to pull minimal info from each of invoices (separate
worksheets) without me manually entering each invoice number into the master
list - don't even know if it's at all possible using Excel 2007, but I'm
willing to try!

"Darcy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Darcy

It is possible to pull data out using filters, and select the invoice from a
list. HAve a look at Debra Dalgliesh's website www.contextures.com go to
Excel tips and look at Filters start with
http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html
It includes programs to work with autofilters.

You will also want to look at Data Validation so look at
http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html and work from there.

There will be a lot of work but with no details provided it is hard to
advise further.

Peter

"Darcy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions