Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function based on multiple criteria from two cell references

Hello,

I'm stumped on finding the right function for this. I have one cell with
a pick list of three bowling centers. The cell below it has a pick
list of the names of five oil patterns (names of the way the maintenance
man applies oil to the lanes). In the cell below that, I'd like to be
able to select the name of the bowling ball I'd like to use. So it goes
like this:
If the Bowling center is Bowl-a-Rama, and the lane pattern is the Viper,
use the Brunswick Ultimate Inferno ball. If the bowling center is Taylor
Lanes, and the pattern is the Shark, use the Hammer No Mercy ball, and
so on.
Right now I have 3 centers, 5 patterns and 5 balls to use. Once I get
the syntax figured out I can expand on it. I greatly appreciate any help
anyone can offer.
Thanks so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See your other post.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ibrokit" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm stumped on finding the right function for this. I have one cell with a
pick list of three bowling centers. The cell below it has a pick list of
the names of five oil patterns (names of the way the maintenance man
applies oil to the lanes). In the cell below that, I'd like to be able to
select the name of the bowling ball I'd like to use. So it goes like this:
If the Bowling center is Bowl-a-Rama, and the lane pattern is the Viper,
use the Brunswick Ultimate Inferno ball. If the bowling center is Taylor
Lanes, and the pattern is the Shark, use the Hammer No Mercy ball, and so
on.
Right now I have 3 centers, 5 patterns and 5 balls to use. Once I get the
syntax figured out I can expand on it. I greatly appreciate any help
anyone can offer.
Thanks so much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

T. Valko wrote: