Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SumIf function with Multiple cell references

I am trying to have cell in colum A summed IF the corresponding cell in colum
B is the same as a specific cell D4. Data looks like this.

Data to be summed If cells here are the same as The cells here
55 1 0
5 0 1
5 1 2
3 0 3
32 0 4
88 0 5

My forumla looks like this, but it keeps returning Zeros.
=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,"=I8",L$8:L$1051)

What am I doing wrong? Something is wrong with the "=I8" piece.

thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My forumla looks like this, but it keeps returning Zeros.
=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,"=I8",L$8:L$1051)

Try it without the quotes and the equal sign:

=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,I8,L$8:L$1051)

Biff