-   -   SumIf function with Multiple cell references (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/129369-sumif-function-multiple-cell-references.html)

jgundel

SumIf function with Multiple cell references

I am trying to have cell in colum A summed IF the corresponding cell in colum
B is the same as a specific cell D4. Data looks like this.

Data to be summed If cells here are the same as The cells here
55 1 0
5 0 1
5 1 2
3 0 3
32 0 4
88 0 5

My forumla looks like this, but it keeps returning Zeros.
=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,"=I8",L$8:L$1051)

What am I doing wrong? Something is wrong with the "=I8" piece.

thanks!

Bob Phillips

SumIf function with Multiple cell references

Not absolutely sure what you are testing, but maybe

=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,I8,L$8:L$1051)

--
---
HTH

Bob

"jgundel" wrote in message
I am trying to have cell in colum A summed IF the corresponding cell in
colum
B is the same as a specific cell D4. Data looks like this.

Data to be summed If cells here are the same as The cells here
55 1 0
5 0 1
5 1 2
3 0 3
32 0 4
88 0 5

My forumla looks like this, but it keeps returning Zeros.
=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,"=I8",L$8:L$1051)

What am I doing wrong? Something is wrong with the "=I8" piece.

thanks!

T. Valko

SumIf function with Multiple cell references

My forumla looks like this, but it keeps returning Zeros.
=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,"=I8",L$8:L$1051)

Try it without the quotes and the equal sign:

=SUMIF(M$8:M$1051,I8,L$8:L$1051)

Biff