Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default percentage

Good day,
I need to know how I can enter a percentage from a total into a line by
using the & & & & & & feature.The problem i've got is that it gives me
93.5676458748534563
and all I need are 93.56 %.

Rgds
Jules
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you're asking...

A1 = 93.5676458748534563

=TRUNC(A1/100,4)

Format as PERCENTAGE

Returns 93.56%

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
Good day,
I need to know how I can enter a percentage from a total into a line by
using the & & & & & & feature.The problem i've got is that it gives me
93.5676458748534563
and all I need are 93.56 %.

Rgds
Jules

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

I have no Idea what you mean by the "& & & & & & feature"
have you tryed formating it as a Percent

"ekkeindoha" wrote:

Good day,
I need to know how I can enter a percentage from a total into a line by
using the & & & & & & feature.The problem i've got is that it gives me
93.5676458748534563
and all I need are 93.56 %.

Rgds
Jules

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=TRUNC(--(your_formula/100),4)

is probably better

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
=--TRUNC(your_formula/100,4)

and format as percentage

Peo Sjoblom

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
Good day,
I need to know how I can enter a percentage from a total into a line by
using the & & & & & & feature.The problem i've got is that it gives me
93.5676458748534563
and all I need are 93.56 %.

Rgds
Jules

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Doh! the division will take care of the number conversion.

=TRUNC(your_formula/100,4)

or maybe even

=TEXT(TRUNC(your_formula/100,4),"0.00%")

if you want a text value

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
=TRUNC(--(your_formula/100),4)

is probably better

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
=--TRUNC(your_formula/100,4)

and format as percentage

Peo Sjoblom

"ekkeindoha" wrote in message
Good day,
I need to know how I can enter a percentage from a total into a line by
using the & & & & & & feature.The problem i've got is that it gives me
93.5676458748534563
and all I need are 93.56 %.

Rgds
Jules

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Peo's suggestion of:

=TEXT(TRUNC(your_formula/100,4),"0.00%")

Sort of like this:

="We have a success rate of "&TEXT(TRUNC(your_formula/100,4),"0.00%")