Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default finding, sorting, put only part of a cell

Hello Everyone,

I hope you can help me with this. I have a report from SAP in Text format.
One column needs to be sort buy 2 or 3 letters with in the discription the
cell.
I have this formula
=+IF(ISERROR(FIND("COL",M2)), "PP","COL")
I get a result but not a sort.

example of what is inside the cell:
U:01: U-FedEx Ground (PP) 5d
U:01: U-FedEx Std (COL) 1d