Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding a Maximum amount of a part of the data

I have a problem here....
I have a two columns data, one column shows the data and time, with the
interval of 10 seconds each, and the other column shows the noise level data
( all in the renge of 40 to 100) at the perticular time,
now the it has only got two columns but the data is very big, with total of
40,000 data,
so for each minute there is total 6 noise level data.
what I want is to find a maximum noise level for every 15 minutes data, that
means a maximum noise level for each 90 points data....
I dont know how to do that....
Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the values are in the range A2:A40001

Enter this formula in say D2:

=MAX(INDEX(A:A,ROWS($1:1)*90-88):INDEX(A:A,ROWS($1:1)*90+1))

Copy down as needed.

As you copy down the formulas will evaluate as:

=MAX(A2:A91)
=MAX(A92:A181)
=MAX(A182:A271)
=MAX(A272:A361)
etc
etc

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ronak Shah" <Ronak wrote in message
I have a problem here....
I have a two columns data, one column shows the data and time, with the
interval of 10 seconds each, and the other column shows the noise level
data
( all in the renge of 40 to 100) at the perticular time,
now the it has only got two columns but the data is very big, with total
of
40,000 data,
so for each minute there is total 6 noise level data.
what I want is to find a maximum noise level for every 15 minutes data,
that
means a maximum noise level for each 90 points data....
I dont know how to do that....
Regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ronak,

One way, assuming your data is in A1:B40000.
Put this in cell C90
=MAX(B1:B90)
Then highlight from cell C1 to C90 (note cells C1 to C89 are blank)
Click on the fill handle and drag down to the end of your data.
This should give you a maximum of the previous 90 at
each interval.
i.e.
C90 =MAX(B1:B90)
C180 =MAX(B91:B180)