Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What does it mean when excel says "too many cell formats"?

I am trying to format cells, and I get the message "too many cell formats", I
understand what it is saying, but how do I fix the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jimmy -

I got that error message when I had too many sheets in a single file.

Try breaking your file up into two or more smaller files and see if that
fixes the problem.

"JimmyG" wrote:

I am trying to format cells, and I get the message "too many cell formats", I
understand what it is saying, but how do I fix the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...EN-US;Q213904&

for a detailed description. Microsoft's advice is to reduce and
simplify the number of formats.

Hope this helps.

Pete