Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula to calculate a specific percent of a column of different p

I'm looking for a way to calculate a specific percent of a column of
different prices in different cells. Can anyone assist. I want to reduce the
different prices by a specific percentage for about 490 items automaticully.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select a new, unused cell and enter the amount to change.

i.e. - to increase 10% - use 1.1
to cut 25% - use 0.75

Then right click in that cell and choose <Copy

Select the cells you wish to change, and right click in that selection and
choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Multiply", then <OK, then <Esc

While the cells are *still* selected, you can then format all those cells as
you wish.

--

HTH,

RD