Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dim dim is offline

Default Formatting the =NOW() function ?

Hi,
Im using the =NOW() function to display time and date in my worksheet.

Could someone please tell me a few ways to format it to display differently?
e.g: Date only, time only, date first, time first etc

Thankyou if you can help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=TEXT(NOW(),"dddd dd mmmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")
Move the 'dddd' 'mmmm' etc around to suit or omit what you don't want.
'dddd' gives 'Saturday', 'ddd' gives 'Sat', 'dd' gives 06, same thing with
the month and year,
Regards,
Alan.
"dim" wrote in message
Im using the =NOW() function to display time and date in my worksheet.

Could someone please tell me a few ways to format it to display
differently?
e.g: Date only, time only, date first, time first etc

Thankyou if you can help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Note: you will not be able to use this in any calculations because it is text.

Better you should enter =NOW() in a cell then go to FormatCellsNumberCustom
and format as you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 06:43:02 -0700, dim wrote:

Thankyou, that works great.