Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help on a function with Conditional Formatting

Hi, I'm trying to compare two cells - if the percentages in those cells
are within 2% of each other (+/-), then color the cells green. I'm
using conditional formatting but the formula won't work. Note: I have
to round these cells because the actual percentages are not exact -
instead of 15% they're actually, say .152 which appears as 15% in the
cell.

Can anyone tell me why this function doesn't work? In cell J23 the
value is .034, and cell I23 is .041 (Looks like 3% and 4% respectively
in the cells).

Conditional Formatting- Formula Is: =IF(ROUND(SUM(J23,1),2) =
ROUND(I23,2),1) then color the cell green.

Thanks!
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just use