Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default New numbering button on toolbar

I would like to place a button (or two) on my toolbar that has a different
format than those that are already there. It is one that I can get to by:
Format, Cells, Number, etc.but I would like to skip these steps and get it
on the toolbar. Thanks...jcs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
record a macro performing the steps you just discribed. put a custom icon
button on the tool bar and assign the macro to it.
how? right click any tool bar, click customize. in the catagory window,
scroll down to macro. in the command window, drag the smiley face icon to a
place on the tool bar. at the bottom, click modify selection. here you can
assign the macro and change the icon if you wish.

Regard
FSt1

"Craig" wrote:

I would like to place a button (or two) on my toolbar that has a different
format than those that are already there. It is one that I can get to by:
Format, Cells, Number, etc.but I would like to skip these steps and get it
on the toolbar. Thanks...jcs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Easy enough to create a macro to assign to a button.

What format do you want?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:11:29 -0400, "Craig" wrote:

I would like to place a button (or two) on my toolbar that has a different
format than those that are already there. It is one that I can get to by:
Format, Cells, Number, etc.but I would like to skip these steps and get it
on the toolbar. Thanks...jcs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The macro recorder is your friend.

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/5/2007 by Gord Dibben

Selection.NumberFormat = "#,##0_);[Red](#,##0)"
End Sub

Assign to a button on your Toolbar.

Buttons can be found at ToolsCustomizeCommandsMacros.

Drag smiley up to your Toolbar. Right-click and Assign macro

If you don't like smiley, select "Change Button Image"

You can also change the name from Custom to whatever.

Gord

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:59:16 -0400, "Craig" wrote:

Number, zero Decimal, Yes (,), (Red)

In Excel 2003

.. .