Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to use ActiveCell to mean a particular cell?

Hi,

How can I make ActiveCell below refer to SCell?

Dim SCell As Integer
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = 1
Range("J24").Select
Calculate
Loop

Thanks,
Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jo,

How to use ActiveCell to mean a particular cell?

The activecell is the selected cell

Looking at your code unless calculate changes J24 its very likely you will
enter and endless loop. What in words are you trying to do?

Mike
"Jo" wrote:

Hi,

How can I make ActiveCell below refer to SCell?

Dim SCell As Integer
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = 1
Range("J24").Select
Calculate
Loop

Thanks,
Jo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jo,

"Jo" wrote:
Hi,

How can I make ActiveCell below refer to SCell?

Dim SCell As Integer
Do Until ActiveCell.Value = 1
Range("J24").Select
Calculate
Loop

Thanks,
Jo- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mike, I found it.......

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jo,

SCell is a number variable, not a cell variable. Anyway, it is totally
superfluous.

The code loops until miraculously the Activecell becomes 1. Unless you have
some sort of feeding updating J24 it never will.

What exactly do you want to do?

--
---
HTH